***The application for Central School of Speech & Drama (CSSD) students & alumnis are now closed for the Summer 2010. However, opportunities for non-CSSD applicants remain open year-long. Please email us for more information.
Fallen Leaves – Creative Placements in Malaysia
Bryn Jones (CSSD Alumni) and Nurul Mohamad (CSSD BA DATE12) will make a brief presentation on the project and volunteer opportunities.
Bryn worked with Fallen Leaves producer Jade Ong to set up the project and Nurul has been involved in its ongoing development since 2008. Together they will provide a comprehensive overview of the initiative including;
- Fallen Leaves beginnings, development and future
- Organisation and client group
- Malaysian context
- Volunteer opportunities and experience
- Travel, accommodation and costs
- Q & A
Applicants are requested to compose a personal statement of no more than one A4 page, stating why you are interested in the placement, any experience you have that you feel is relevant and brief outlining any potential ideas for workshops / Provide contact details for two referees.
Applicants who secure a placement will pay a one off fee of £100. This is to cover administration costs in UK and Malaysia.
Volunteers are responsible for their travel to and from Malaysia, insurance and all passport / visa requirements.
Fallen Leaves will provide simple dormitory accommodation and one communal meal, a day for volunteers’ resident at the project will be provided as part of the placement.
- Volunteers will receive pre-departure briefing, support and advice in travel preparations.
- In country volunteers will be met at Kuala Lumpur International airport.
- The first two nights will be spent acclimatising in Kuala Lumpur, receiving an in-country orientation and planning for the first weeks sessions at Fallen Leaves.
- Volunteers will then be taken to Batu Arang to begin their placements.